With a clear strategic direction and renewed focus providing even more value to our 84,000 members across Australia - it’s an exciting time to join Latrobe Health Services.
We’re a local not-for-profit registered private health insurer established in Latrobe Valley in 1951 with strong cultural values based on honesty, trustworthiness and professionalism.
We care about our members, are committed to undertaking activities in an accountable manner and showing leadership in Australia’s private health care industry.
We’re looking for talented and enthusiastic people wanting to join our team.
Member Service Officer (Bairnsdale)
The Member Service Officer is part of a small team operating from our Bairnsdale branch providing exceptional face to face service to members of East Gippsland while supporting hospital, medical and extras claim processing functions across the entire membership base.
To be successful Member Service Officers will have a passion for working in a member based organisation and be able to demonstrate a can-do attitude and a willingness to learn.
The position is available as a 12-month fixed term contract.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Deliver exceptional service to members accessing the Bairnsdale branch.
- Identify and respond to opportunities to attract prospective members accessing the Bairnsdale branch.
- Support the Business Development team to attract and retain Corporate memberships from the East Gippsland region.
- Process hospital, medical and extras claims providing support for Health Services and Member Services teams.
- Respond to online member enquiries received via email@example.com ensuring value add timely and accurate responses are provided.
- Proactively engage in team and whole staff activities to continually develop a practical understand of overall business strategies and programs of work.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement by actively seeking ways to enhance the way we work.
About you, your knowledge and experience
- Highly effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of what it means to be member-based organisation.
- Demonstrated member focus whilst working in a high-volume service environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage, interpret and respond to competing demands.
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team.
- Strong relationship management skills and a passion for member service.
- Experience in the practical application/use of Microsoft suite of products.
- Experience in working with private and sensitive information.
Download the position description
For further information, please contact Nancy Lovison on firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 362 144.
Applications close 29 November 2019.