A cover designed for hospitalisations resulting from accidents plus basic extras cover for general dental, accident-related major dental, optical, physio, remedial massage and chiro. Designed for sports lovers, thrill seekers and those who live life to its fullest ‘just in case’.
- Affordable private hospital cover for the treatment of injuries as a result of an accident for up to six months following the accident
- Cover for treatment of injuries and illnesses as a private patient in a public hospital, which includes choice of doctor
- Basic extras including general dental, accident related major dental, optical, physio, remedial massage and chiro
- Unlimited emergency ambulance transport.
For more information, download our Healthy Start Fact Sheet.
What is covered in a public Hospital?
You are covered in a public hospital and can choose your own doctor.
Accommodation in a shared room
Covers your room, theatre, intensive care and recovery ward fees, medicines and drugs clinically required as part of your in-patient treatment.
In-hospital medical gap cover
Medicare pays 75% of the Medicare Benefit Schedule Fee for in-hospital medical charges and Latrobe pays the remaining 25%.
Just Ask!® medical gap cover
Additional medical benefits to reduce or eliminate the gap for in-hospital medical charges higher than the Medicare Benefit Schedule Fee.
All prostheses are covered in accordance with the Commonwealth Prostheses Listing.
What is not fully covered in a public hospital?
Treatment not covered by Medicare ie. procedures that do not have a benefit payable under the Medicare Benefit Schedule.
What is covered in a private hospital?
You are covered in a shared or private room at a Participating Private Hospital for treatment of injuries directly relating to an accident. You are covered for the treatment of these injuries for up to 6 months from the date of the accident
What is not fully covered in a private hospital?
Restricted benefits will apply for all other admissions to a private hospital if treatment is not related to an accident and the reason for admission does not meet the criteria above. You will have significant out-of-pocket costs.
What you're covered for
What extras are you covered for?
With Healthy Start Basic Hospital Package you'll be covered for:
- Limited general dental
- Other dental - treatment resulting from accident
- Mouth guards - supplied by a dentist or dental technician
- Optical - Includes spectacles and repairs, contact lenses and optical prescription sunglasses
Therapies and services including:
- Chiropractic X-ray
- Group physiotherapy / hydrotherapy
- Osteopathy, podiatry
- Pharmacy prescription
See Healthy Start Extras for more details
Clinical categories are defined by the Department of Health.
Waiting periods may apply.