A cover designed for hospitalisations resulting from accidents plus basic extras cover for general dental, accident-related major dental, optical, physio, remedial massage and chiro. Designed for sports lovers, thrill seekers and those who live life to its fullest ‘just in case’.
- Affordable private hospital cover for the treatment of injuries as a result of an accident for up to six months following the accident
- Cover for treatment of injuries and illnesses as a private patient in a public hospital, which includes choice of doctor
- Basic extras including general dental, accident related major dental, optical, physio, remedial massage and chiro
- Unlimited emergency ambulance transport.
Find out all the details and benefit limits for Healthy Start Hospital Package with Latrobe. Make sure you read and understand the supporting documentation below.
What is covered in a public Hospital?
You are covered in a public hospital and can choose your own doctor.
Accommodation in a shared room
Covers your room, theatre, intensive care and recovery ward fees, medicines and drugs clinically required as part of your in-patient treatment.
In-hospital medical gap cover
Medicare pays 75% of the Medicare Benefit Schedule Fee for in-hospital medical charges and Latrobe pays the remaining 25%.
Just Ask!® medical gap cover
Additional medical benefits to reduce or eliminate the gap for in-hospital medical charges higher than the Medicare Benefit Schedule Fee.
All prostheses are covered in accordance with the Commonwealth Prostheses Listing.
What is not fully covered in a public hospital?
Treatment not covered by Medicare ie. procedures that do not have a benefit payable under the Medicare Benefit Schedule.
What is covered in a private hospital?
You are covered in a shared or private room at a Participating Private Hospital for treatment of injuries directly relating to an accident. You are covered for the treatment of these injuries for up to 6 months from the date of the accident
What is not fully covered in a private hospital?
Restricted benefits will apply for all other admissions to a private hospital if treatment is not related to an accident and the reason for admission does not meet the criteria above. You will have significant out-of-pocket costs.
What you're covered for
What extras are you covered for?
With Healthy Start Basic Hospital Package you'll be covered for:
- Limited general dental
- Other dental - treatment resulting from accident
- Mouth guards - supplied by a dentist or dental technician
- Optical - Includes spectacles and repairs, contact lenses and optical prescription sunglasses
Therapies and services including:
- Chiropractic X-ray
- Group physiotherapy / hydrotherapy
- Osteopathy, podiatry
- Pharmacy prescription
See Healthy Start Extras for more details
Clinical categories are defined by the Department of Health.
Waiting periods may apply.